Monday, February 14, 2011

Cake Bites/Candy/Balls/Pops Are Everywhere



Cake bites/candy/balls/pops are little bites of cake and frosting mixed, smashed, formed, and then dipped in chocolate to make a heavenly treat. They are actually really easy to make. You can find recipes for them in several cookbooks, including Bakerella's Cake Pops. You can also find the recipe online by just doing a search for 'cake pops' or 'cake balls'. I personally am addicted to The Sweet Tooth Fairy's Cake Bites. She has perfected this tiny treat and I absolutely love them.

This past weekend I was out and about and found two new cake bite/candy/balls/pops cookbooks that have hit the shelves. Also, I went to one of my favorite markets and they had Cake Candy made by one of my favorite bakeries in Salt Lake City, Cakes de Fleur. I bought a little two pack, one chocolate, the other M&M, and they were delicious! This market also carries sweets from another Utah baker, Schmidts Pastry Cottage. They had Cake Balls and they were literally the size of a baseball. They were huge! I haven't tried them yet, but I do plan on doing so.

So, if you don't feel like making your own tiny cake treats just check your local bakery. They are all the rage right now and everyone seems to be selling them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...