Thursday, March 3, 2011

Andes Mint Cupcakes

Pin It

Today I made delicious mini Andes Mint cupcakes. I used my Andes Mint cake recipe but made it into cupcakes with buttercream frosting. They were very easy to make because they were made with a boxed cake mix. I would usually prefer to make cupcakes from scratch, but who doesn't love a really easy, delicious recipe once in a while? I do.

First, I will share the cake recipe and then I will let you know what I did to make it into cupcakes. (I do suggest making the cake recipe at least once - it will make you an instant hit. Everyone loves this cake recipe! It is super moist and minty.)

Andes Mint Cake

1 Milk Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Large Package Instant Chocolate Pudding
2 Eggs
1 3/4 Cups Milk
1 Package Andes Mint Chips (divided in half)

Mix the first four ingredients together until blended. Add half of the package of Andes Mint chips into the batter and mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. After you remove the cake from the oven, sprinkle the other half of Andes Mint chips onto the cake and spread until even and melted.


Today I mixed the batter as directed above and then filled 35 2-ounce souffle cups (aka nut cups) 1/2 of the way full. If using souffle cups you can just line them up on a cookie sheet since they are strong enough to stand on their own. Tip: To see what I use to fill the souffle cups with batter, click here.

I baked them for about 22-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Keep checking on them and remember when you insert a toothpick and it comes out with chocolate on it - it may just be a melted Andes Mint. Next, I topped them with buttercream frosting (see below) which I added green food coloring to until it was a mint green. Tip: To see how I frost cupcakes, click here. Last, I made the decoration to go on the cupcakes. I melted the remaining Andes Mint chips and put small amounts, about the size of a nickel, on wax paper to harden. Then I melted white chocolate melting chips, then mixed it with green food coloring until it was a mint green, and then spattered it across the hardened Andes Mint pieces (see picture above - since they are not easy to explain).

Buttercream Frosting

1/2 cup Butter (Room Temperature)
2 Tbsp. Milk
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
3 cups Powdered Sugar
Green Food Coloring

They were so delish - really minty, chocolaty, and rich! Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...