Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I love Red Velvet cupcakes. They are probably my favorite flavor of all cupcakes. They are a rich chocolate cupcake with a cream cheese frosting and they are absolutely delicious. I don't have secret family cupcake recipes, even though I wish I did, I have to find my recipes in cookbooks and online and just try different ones until I find a favorite. 

The Red Velvet cupcake recipe I tried yesterday was really good. It had a nice dark red color, a rich chocolate taste, and the vanilla cream cheese was amazingly good.


I baked them in 2 ounce souffle cups (aka nut cups), which you can just stand on a cookie sheet. I love these because they make the cupcakes a perfect size. I filled them about half-way full which ended up making about 5 dozen cupcakes.


The recipe is by McCormick. Click here to get it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...