Monday, April 18, 2011

Blue Lemon



This past week my Mom and I had lunch at Blue Lemon in Salt Lake City, UT. It's a cafe and bakery that serves everything from gourmet entrees and artisan sandwiches to smoothies and cupcakes. As Blue Lemon calls it "it's pure clean food with a twist." They even offer gourmet cooking classes and catering. The Salt Lake location is part of the new City Creek Center and they also have a location in Highland, UT.

I heard Blue Lemon had amazing cupcakes, so I had to check them out for myself. We ordered the artichoke and tomato panini with sweet potato fries and two cupcakes to share. All I can say, is the cupcakes did not disappoint. (Actually, all of the food we ordered was delicious.) The "Oreo" cupcake was amazing. The chocolate cake was so moist and the buttercream frosting was indescribable. It was so buttery and not overly sweet. The top of the cupcake had Oreo cookie crumbles. It was a perfect cupcake. The "Vanilla" cupcake was really good as well. A rich vanilla taste with the same yummy buttercream frosting. I will definitely be going back to try more flavors of their cupcakes.

If you stop by to try a cupcake, take a friend to share. They are huge.

Click for locations, hours, and their menu www.bluelemon.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...