Saturday, April 23, 2011

PB Cupcakes, White Chocolate Cupcakes, and Cake Pops



This weekend I played around with cupcake recipes and made a couple of new fun creations. I made peanut butter cupcakes using the Andes Mint Cupcakes recipe (click for recipe). Instead of adding Andes Mints into the batter, I used peanut butter chips and topped the cupcakes with a whipped peanut butter frosting. If you like eating peanut butter straight out of the container, this cupcake will satisfy your biggest PB craving. They were so peanut buttery. 


The whipped peanut butter frosting is; 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup of butter, and 1 cup confectioners sugar. Mix the peanut butter and butter together and then add the confectioners sugar 1/4 cup at a time. Whip until light and fluffy.


I also used the same batter and added white chocolate chips instead of Andes Mints. I made a butter cream frosting, but should have used a white chocolate frosting like this one. I frosted the cupcakes using a new technique I learned watching Cupcake Wars. I put the tip (size 807) right in the center of the cupcake, not quite touching the cupcake, and then squeezed my frosting bag without moving the tip. The more you squeeze, the farther out toward the edge the frosting goes, until it's a perfect round circle and just the right amount of frosting. I really loved the way they turned out.


And I made Cake Pops using my Bakerella cookbook. I made the Basic Chocolate Cake Pop recipe, dipped them in pink melting chocolate, and then added mini white nonpareils. Don't they look like the new Starbucks Cake Pops? They were very time consuming, but so worth it. My husband said they were amazing.


After all of that I am going to take a couple of weeks off from baking and just enjoy treats from a local cupcakery.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...